|Map with 50 MHz QSOs-QSLs for the 2014 Es season (updated 2014-08-22)|
- On 6 m (50 MHz) almost no double hop conditions, so very few QSOs with Portugal, Scandinavia and the British Islands.
- On 4 m (70 MHz) we had very few openings.
- On 2 m (144 MHz) we had no openings. SV1BJY is quite unhappy with this situation (Band closed, mind closed...).
- On 10 m (28 MHz) many Es openings, mostly discovered by listening to the propagation beacons near 28.2 MHz, but with rather weak signals.
My personal results:
- Seven (7) new DXCC entities worked on 50 MHz: HA, EA8, 4U1ITU, TK, TZ, ZB2 and 7X
- Six new DXCC entities (6) confirmed: HA, EA8, 4U1ITU, TK, ZB2 and TZ. Wating for a paper QSL from 7X2ARA.
- At last, I managed to get 100 locator squares confirmed on the Logbook of The World (LoTW) and earn the ARRL VUCC award on 6 m! A good number of stations uploaded QSOs to LoTW within days of the QSO. My current VUCC-50 total is 107 (101 awarded + 6 pending).
- I installed a vertical antenna for 70 MHz, a new band for me, but managed very few QSOs. Had only two QSOs with OK and one with LX.
- On 10 m (28 MHz) also two new DXCC entities: ER (confirmed) and 7X.
The map shows the results on 6 m. Locator squares with LoTW or paper QSL confirmations for 2014 are filled in orange, squares worked but not confirmed (yet!) are filled in yellow.